08 January 2013

Wedding Afghan #6 - The Humptons

My cousins, K & A, and I have been affectionately known as "The Three Little Girls" by the rest of our family for as long as I can remember.  We used to take long unaccompanied walks at the mature ages of 6 and 4 (which scared the bejeezus out of our parents), dress up in Mem's old dresses and pom pom anklet socks while we ran amok on the farm, and most famously we put on holiday plays for the family and charged admission.  

When K got married, A beat me to the afghan as she's an accomplished crocheter and wanted to make her sister an afghan wedding gift.  When A got married, K had no such desire so I got to step up and get back in my wedding afghan groove.  A's afghan is reversible - completely.  The idea surprised me that it was possible (I was so used to everything having a wrong side and a right side!) and was surprising simple.  Easy concept, but a little annoying to knit as you alternate knit and purl stitches every stitch across every row.  Tedious, but a gorgeous result!

Completed 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment