08 January 2013

Wedding Afghan #9 - Persson/Hanson

I met J at my architecture firm back in 2006.  We became really good friends really quickly.  Spending hours measuring walls and drawing floor plans in a deserted space makes 2 people talk A LOT.  Needless to say, we got to know each other quickly and I love her all the more because of it!  

I taught J how to knit and she and my roommate and I would often have marathon movie and/or Dexter watching weekends where all we did was knit and eat lentil soup and lamb gyros from the middle-eastern restaurant across the street.  When J told me she was getting married, I had grand knitting plans for her.  She had chosen a fisherman afghan and it happened to be a double stranded pattern and she wanted a grey/blue color.  I bought grey/blue and grey yarns and knit them up together to make an uber heavy and super warm afghan.  Unfortunately I was knitting it mostly during the summer which was just dumb.  Double layers of wool in your lap during a New York City summer is not pleasant...but the final result will keep you sweating during cold winter nights!

Galway by Spinnerin, Cascade 220, ~ 4000 yards
Completed 2010
Ravelry project page

No comments:

Post a Comment