08 January 2013

Wedding Afghan #7 - The Weissmanns

L is my oldest friend.  We met when we were 2.  We moved into the house behind her's and she and her sister came over to introduce themselves to the new little girls who'd just moved in.  We've been friends ever since, which *gasp* has been 28 years!

L picked her favorite pattern from one of my afghan books and I ended up making it with a mint green that suits her personality and is one of the colors that looks really good on her.  I left out the bobbles in the border because, well, ugh...with a side of ugh, but the rest of the design is lovely.  This one is huge and adorns her couch in the living room where it gets heaps of use.

I will never use Caron Simply Soft again because even though they claim "no dye lot" and I bought all the yarn at the same time, there are clearly dye lots which I didn't notice until it was done.  That is my only disappointment with this afghan but maybe I'll re-do it for their 10th anniversary... :) 

Celtic Knot, Caron Simply Soft, ~2500 yards
Completed 2008  
Ravelry project page

No comments:

Post a Comment