08 January 2013

Wedding Afghan #8 - The Shingelos

R and I used to work in the same office.  He worked for the insurance company that shared a floor with my architecture firm and we used to shoot the sh** in the pantry while we made coffee.  R is a singer and I have high hopes that one day he will make it big!  

This is the first wedding afghan I've made for a guy.  R is totally rocker and I wanted to add something homemade to his rocker lifestyle - but I wanted to make sure it was still wedding appropriate!  Enter, the black afghan with cables all over.  Simple pattern, simple color, totally suitable for a guy and black goes with everything so I didn't need to know what color his wife was going to choose to decorate with.  Win!

Cable Blanket by Bernat, Softee Chunky yarn, ~1650 yards
Completed 2008
Ravelry project page

No comments:

Post a Comment